AVAYA® CM(x)/Definity® Basic Admin - AVAYA® CM(x)/Definity® Basic VoIP
- Core Technical
AVAYA® Communication Manager(x) / Definity®
Advanced Administration Training
AUDIENCE: Experienced administrators in station moves, adds, and changes with knowledge of features and everyday programming. The students sit two to a table with a Definity switch at each table.
The switches are already programmed with stations, feature access codes, dial plan, and basic features. The class stresses switch hardware, maintenance, ARS, ACD applications, vectoring and especially T1s, and IP applications. During the four and one-half days of class, the students will build and test a point-to-point T1, a DCS point-to-point T1, an ISDN PRI T1, and an IP T1 between the classroom switches. Time will be used to understand and administer ARS route patterns and analysis tables. The final hours of the class will be used to administer all IP applications with an emphasis on IP stations and IP connectivity.
to 9:30AM - Introductions, Expectation Queries and Preface to Class.
to 11: 30AM - Basic Definity System Administration Overview.
- 1:00PM to 2:00PM – Circuit Pack Identification and Selection.
- 2:00PM to 3:30PM – Inter-Cabinet Connectivity.
- 3:30PM to 5:00PM – Cabling to/Configuration of/Jumpering of Backboards.
- 8:00AM to 9:30AM – Programming and Connecting to AUDIX/Intuity and Modular Messaging overview.
- 9:30AM to 11:00AM – BCMS Vu, CMS, Call Accounting, and Sys.Administration.
- 11:00AM to 12:00PM – ASAI/Computer-Telephony-Integration
- 1:00PM to 1:30PM – B8ZS vs. AMI(ZCS).
- 1:30PM to 2:00PM – ESF vs. SF(D4).
- 2:00PM to 2:30PM – Synchronization.
- 2:30PM to 3:00PM – Robbed-BIT vs. Com.Chan. vs. ISDN-PRI vs. ISDN-EXT.
- 3:00PM to 4:00PM – Testing utilizing Software Procedures/Maintenance Manual.
- 4:00PM to 5:00PM – Exercise building a point-to-point T-1.
- 8:00AM to 9:00AM – T-1 Overview and Exercise wrap-up.
- 9:00AM to 10:00AM – Long-Distance Services via T-1.
- 10:00AM to 11:00AM – Local Services including 2-way DID via T-1.
- 11:00AM to 12:00PM – Point-to-Point Services via T-1.
DCS (DISTRIBUTED COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES)
- 1:00PM to 5:00PM – PI, Links, Proc.Chan., Hop Chan., UDP, AAR & Routes.
- 8:00AM to 11:00AM – Exercise.
- 11:00AM to 12:00PM – 3rd Party VoiceMail Connectivity.
- 1:00AM to 2:00AM – Comprehensive ARS and AAR.
- 2:00AM to 2:30AM – Reports, i.e., list-measurements-trunk-summary.
- 2:30AM to 5:00PM – Wrap-Up.
- 8:00AM to 9:AM – Demonstration.
- 9:00AM to 10:AM – Hardware.
- 10:00AM to Noon – Implementation and Software.
for our classes